The Work-Study Program provides on-campus part-time job opportunities for eligible full-time SMCHLI students. These jobs are available all throughout the year with job positions ranging from various faculty and administrative departments. It aims to provide supplementary educational financial assistance for those students with documented financial need and an opportunity to gain work experience and skills related to their field of study while beneficially combining work and study in one place.
This program assists students with meeting their financial needs during the academic year. It offers students with valuable life and work experience with flexible hours that work around their school schedule.
- Free Full Tuition Fee;
- Free book rental; and
- Exemption from miscellaneous and laboratory fees (excluding school ID, student council, school events contributions, insurance and student publication fees).
How to Apply
Students interested in applying for this program need to submit a completed application form along with their upcoming class schedule to the Office of the Registrar to determine eligibility. Successful candidates will receive a letter containing the list of currently available jobs and application deadlines.
Deadline to apply for this program: May 18, 2018
Who is eligible to apply
Students must meet the all of the following criteria to be eligible for the Work-Study Program:
- Registered as an undergraduate student enrolled in no more than eighteen (18) units per semester;
- Must maintain an average of at least 2.50 or higher every term;
- Must not have any grade lower than 3.00 in any subject from the previous term including NTSP and PE (excluding summer courses);
- Must have no prior record of misconduct, misdemeanor and/or violation(s) of any of the provisions stipulated in the Student's Handbook;
- Must demonstrate financial need assistance;
- Must have a written parental consent form for students under the age of 18; and
- Must have a performance review rating of at least 85% in the preceding term (for students enrolled in the program in the previous semester)
For inquiries and concerns, please contact:
Office of the Work-Study Program
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Saturdays: 8:00AM - 12:00PM